Five things I thought I would have by now AND five things I do have. Conclusions to be drawn by reader.
1. A house, or a flat, or a room of my own.
2. A child, or maybe three (two boys and a girl preferably).
3. A job with a regular salary, and responsibilities, and the space to be creative and professional.
4. A dog (a pointer called Chekhov, or a Labrador called John Irving).
5. A sense of knowing what I’m doing and who I am and what tomorrow is going to bring.
1. A husband who loves me, and whom I love (full range of emotions and small pleasures and unintended cruelties of intimacy included).
2. A handful of Really Good Friends I value above all else.
3. A terrifying sense of uncertainty towards the future.
4. A soft toy armadillo called Owen (after Owen Meany).
5. A dangerous tendency to swing wildly between putting myself down and picking myself up.