1. Bruce Springsteen. Really, that could be all.
2. With the right company, some food and water, and an appropriately delirious frame of mind you can get up at 2am on 4 hours’ sleep, then proceed to be awake for 24 hours straight, under moderately tough physical conditions, come rain or shine. Your body has an inordinate amount of hidden energy: even after you reach the point of exhaustion you will still be able to sing your heart out, jump and dance to your heart’s content for over three hours, then keep the driver awake on the journey home.
3. I am never as happy as I am at a Springsteen gig. Everything else besides that moment ceases to exist; life is pure present tense. I should carry this feeling with me everywhere, always, forever, when the past and the future are weighing me down.
4. Bruce Springsteen can reduce me to tears with just a couple of words and notes. They are the only tears I’m happy to cry.
5. The motor engine of the E Street Band is really the symbiotic relationship between Max and Bruce: they are the beating heart and brain of the band, my favourite thing to watch, in motion, together.
6. Bruce Springsteen comes to Italy to hear us sing just as much as we go to hear him sing.
7. If you’re “thinking 2am? 4 hours sleep? Worldwide travel? 12 times? For the same band? This is stupid.” you haven’t the foggiest idea what’s going on there. You just can’t understand until you try it.
8. Thunder Road is the most beautiful song ever written.
9. The E Street Band can throw a party. I know it’s only rock’n’roll but I love it.
10. Bruce Springsteen. Really, that is all.